We are not affiliated with the Canadian Government as we charge an additional fee.


If your Canadian passport was issued when you were 16 years old or older, your passport is valid for 5 or 10 years. If your Canadian passport was issued when you were 15 years old or younger, your passport is only valid for 5 years.
The government fee for a 5-year adult passport is $120 and a 10-year adult passport is $160. The government fee for a child passport is $57.
Child’s Passports [child was under 16 when issued a passport] are only valid for 5 years. They cannot be renewed. You must apply for a new Child’s Passport until the age of 16. It will be the same process as you followed when you got their previous passport.
If the previous adult passport expired within 1 year or will expire within 1 year, you are eligible for an adult passport renewal. Otherwise, please check out the check your eligibility tool.
Passports are typically eligible for renewal within one year to expiration. It is best to renew a passport at least six months prior to expiry. Passports may be renewed early if the passport is low on blank visa pages, shows signs of wear, or if the bearer has legally changed his or her name or had a radical change in appearance.
All Canadian citizens, regardless of age, require their own passport for international travel.
We provide passport services for Canadian citizens only. Most non-Canadian citizens are required to apply directly with the consulate of their country of origin.

You should apply for a new passport if your current passport is damaged. If you travel with a damaged passport, you could face delays. You could be denied entry at border crossings or on flights.

A passport is considered damaged if it:

  • makes it difficult to identify the holder
  • looks like it has been changed or falsified
  • has been denied by an airline or at a point of entry due to damage
You need to apply for a new passport when changing your surname (last name) following a relationship status change, such as marriage or divorce. You will need to include all the required documents for a new adult general application and pay the full fee.